Gingerbread men Makes 12 men preheat oven to 170oC/350oF
- 8oz Butter or marg (room temp or you'll get cramp in you arm like me)
- 3oz of sifted icing sugar (yes it's a first on me)
- 8oz Self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ginger (all important!)
- few drops of vanilla essence/extract (I added water instead)
- 3oz porridge oats (This is interesting as well)
- Thick glace icing (water and icing sugar)
- Beat fat then blend in icing sugar.
|phew... that my workout done for the day!|
|Hmm I not sure they quite look like men.|
Yep they resemble swollen jelly babies. (nice clean cooker in background fresh from the 70s) at least they are golden wish me luck withe transportation process onto the rack.
|Oh dear not quite the look I was after but lets call them rustic gingerbread men.|